Tuesday, December 17, 2013

My C P Hart 3 x 2 Bathroom Challenge or How To Get a Lot Into a Little

C P Hart 3 x 2 Bathroom Challenge
When it comes to space I am challenged. C P Hart have set me anoter challenge and that is to create an innovative 3 x 2 metre bathroom/wetroom
I live in a small cottage in the Northumberland National Park. I have the average size bathroom for the UK which is 3 metres x 2 metres. Above is a rough plan of such a bathroom and if I didnt have a sloping ceiling this is exactly what I would do with it.
C P Hart 3 x 2 Bathroom Challenge
 Walls covered in Swanstone panels of what looks like London Underground tiles but is in sheet form. Perfect for a wet area as it is grout free.
C P Hart 3 x 2 Bathroom Challenge
 A glass screen separtes the bath from the rest of the bathroom and has a walk in area on the right. The reason for this will become apparant.

CCL - Wet Dec Linear drain
 The floor behind the glass panel, around the bath would be drained as would a wet room.
eltan freestanding bath
I have chosen the Eltan Freestanding bath which would have
Axor Citterio Overhead Shower
 the Axor Citterio Overhead Shower above it and the glass panel and drainage would allow me to splash to my heart's content without soaking the rest of the room.When I lived in the city I had a wet room with a walk in drencher shower and I miss it like crazy.
A floor standing tap with a shower attachment
A floor standing tap with a shower attachment is my choice. If you like to sing in the bath this shower attachment makes a great pretend microphone.
Stone Two Washbowl
This sleek and stylish Stone Two Washbowl would sit atop a vintage ornate table.
french table ghost furniture.


This one is from our archives at Ghost Furniture and would have been perfect if we hadn't have sold it.

Talis S Mixer Tap


Simple Talis S Mixer Tap to match the bath floor standing version.

Philippe Starck close coupled wc
A close coupled wc is my choice and this elegant design by Philippe Starck is perfect.
King Edison Lamps by Young & Battaglia
Now to the fun bit. I loved choosing the bathroom fittings but the devil is in the detail and I think these beautiful pieces from C P Hart deserve a little treat. Lighting need not be boring in a bathroom so I have added these fabulous King Edison Lamps by Young & Battaglia
ikea metal shelves
Every bathroom needs storage and these simple and amazingly cheap metal shelves are from a new range at IKEA
rope ladder towel rail
I love this idea. A rope ladder to hold your towels. Easily hung and available from Magpie Living at Not On The High Street or if you are super handy you could make some yourself.
trash chic seletti
Let's add some elegance to go with the table holding the washbasin. These gorgeous pieces are from that brillant Italian company Seletti. Trash Chic and WC Royale
wc royale seletti

eyes wide show koziel
Last but not least let's add a bit of humour. Take a look at these eyes ... Notice anything? They change 3 times depending on your position. Put them up on your walls using the supplied adhesive and enjoy the stunned reactions! Available from Koziel a clever French company that excels at trompe l'oeil.
Now can anyone suggest how I can get rid of my sloping ceiling?


No comments: